Monday, September 21, 2015

Low Cost High Impact Decorating

I love to make my house a home, to personalize it to my taste.  However, it can be very expensive to decorate an entire house.  Here are a few of my favorite $10 of less decorating tips to make a statement in your home.

I love my book page wreath.  It has been with me for a very long time now, and it is still one of my favorite DIY projects.  It cost me about $6 and it took me 2 hours. You can see me video tutorial here




How about a lamp revamp?  Did you know updating your lamp shade can give your lamp a whole new look and feel?

I wrapped twine around this dated lamp and cut the ugly orange jewels that were hanging off the bottom off.    It adds a great natural texture and brought this beauty back to life




For this lamp I first covered the lamp shade with burlap and then hot glued gathered pieces of burlap over the top.  For the base I quickly painted it with some left over paint for a previous project giving this lamp a whole new life!


Don't we all love a good pallet project.  
For these frames I used left over pallets from our sod and painted them white to really bring out their rough texture.  


And last but not least, I love to decorate with jars, any kind of jars.  
I fill them with flowers or .....


any kind of knick knacks I can find around the house, like corks or old sewing spools.





I also love painted jars.  I used chalk paint to paint this jars and then lightly sanded over the lettering on the jar to make it stand out!  


I hope you can use a few of these tips to spruce up your own home!


Brooke

You can follow me here:
 photo instagram_zps88445fe4.png  photo fb_zps5d3a02b1.png  photo twitter_zpsb5c638e9.png  photo pinterest_zps0cdb4597.png

Here are a few of my favorite posts

DIY Open Shelves in the Kitchen


Vintage French Dresser Turned Bench






3 comments:

  1. I just love how you use things most people allready have! I often just move around or alter the things I allready have, and instantly you have a whole new statement of your room:)
    And I love the desk! Is it painted with chalkpaint?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...