Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Coral Pressed Back Chair

It is back to school, I can't believe the summer is already gone.  My oldest started first grade this year and I still am not sure how I feel about it.  I never thought I would be one of those mom's who cries over their kids going to school but I was sad as I watched her walk into the school.  She acted to big and grown up, I am excited for the learning and growing that comes from school and scared of the outside influences she will now encounter.  I pray as parents we are teaching them the right things so they have the courage to stand up for who they are and what they believe.  Anyway.....

Today I wanted to share with you this beautiful pressed back chair.  I love painted press back chairs,  the paint the glaze makes the beautiful design pop!



I love the look of paint and wood.  So for this I taped off all the back spindles before I painted.
I then sprayed the entire chair with Valspars Peach Fuzz to a soft coral color!


After it was sprayed I used a brush to push the glaze down into the design to really make it pop!  
I LOVE how this chair turned out!!


Brooke

You can follow me here:

2 comments:

  1. You did a great job -- I've not realized how lovely these chairs can look with some paint and wax. I really like your decision to leave the spindles natural. Very nice, indeed. I saw your link at Elizabeth & Co's party. Ann Marie @ Iris Abbey www.irisabbey.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so pretty! I think I have 8 of these exact chairs at my cottage! I've been thinking about painting them, and was planning to use glaze to make the design pop, but I didn't envision them looking this good!! I like how you left the spindles the natural wood. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...