Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Boxwood Wreath Tutorial

First things first, you need to make sure you preserve your boxwood branches correctly, it takes at least 3 weeks.  
If you don't they will turn a yellow brown color and they will become very brittle!  You can see my preservation tutorial here






Once your branches are preserved you will need
A wreath- I bought mine at Target for $3
Hot Glue-I got mine at JoAnn's for $1.50 with a 50% off coupon
A hot glue gun
And about 2 hours!


I started by gluing my branches to the outside edge


I continued to fill them in as I worked my way around the wreath.  I did make sure all my branches were facing the same direction.  I wanted a more wild look, but not a I slept super crazy last night and  my hair is everywhere look.  If you know what I mean.


Here is what my wreath looked like after I finished the outside edge.


Once the outside was done I started to fill in the inside of the wreath to cover all of the white.



After the wreath was covered I used smaller pieces to fill in the gaps and make the wreath look more full!


Add a ribbon and TADA you get a beautiful Boxwood wreath for under $5


TTFN

Brooke

You may have heard.......I have the privilege of  being part of Bob Vila's Thumbs Up Competition for my dresser turned bench.  I would love to have your vote!
You can vote HERE It only takes a few seconds
Thank you!!


You can follow me here:
 photo instagram_zps88445fe4.png  photo fb_zps5d3a02b1.png  photo twitter_zpsb5c638e9.png  photo pinterest_zps0cdb4597.png



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...