Saturday, December 27, 2014

Another Vanity....They Never Get Old!



A client of mine brought this chest to me to be refinished for his wife for Christmas.  I always get excited to refinish these old chests/vanities and with it being a surprise it was even better.
We decided to go with a classic look and leave as much original as possible. 
We left the original silver backed mirror.  Over the years the silver has oxidized leaving some spots here and there, as you can see in the picture.  The character of the mirror added perfectly to this piece.  



A few of the original glass knobs were still intact but they were all beat up.  I just so happen to have some old vintage knobs that matched perfectly to the original ones for the bottom 2 drawers.  I used a smaller glass knob for the top drawers.    


This chest was made with oak, I was so glad when they wanted to leave the top stained, stained oak is just beautiful. I used Dark Walnut stain by Minimax.  




For the reveal my client brought his wife to my house.  I always love to see peoples reactions and I am happy to say she LOVED it!!

TTFN

Brooke


3 comments:

  1. That is a lovely piece that I am sure your clients will love for a long time. I am pinning it. Thanks for sharing the stain colour with the oak because I recently got a oak hutch and buffet from a neighbour and want to try a darker stain on the buffet top.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely color and a beautiful piece!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely work, I really love the dresser!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...