Thursday, November 20, 2014

The Perfect Shade of Yellow


One of my favorite parts of doing custom orders is pushing me to think outside of the box.  I often feel like I get stuck in a rut.  I find a few colors I love and paint piece after piece the same color, sometimes it is nice at times broaden the horizon.  

When I picked up these pieces from my customer she told me she wanted a yellow, that wasn't too yellow or too gold.  So the hunt began for the perfect shade of yellow.  

And here it is.....Whole Grain by Valspar


I slightly distressed these pieces.  Whenever I distress I always try to figure out where a piece will take the most wear and tear and start the distressing there.  I always distress edges and corners.  


This piece also has a brown glaze on it and is topped off with a satin clear coat.  





I love the fun details of these pieces, the new color and glaze really help it stand out!






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...