Wednesday, October 9, 2013

A Blue Hutch

Yes, I am really addicted to hutches lately! I love how they turn out!
My client wanted a very light silver blue, we hit the nail on the head with this color.  I love how neutral and soft this color is.  It reminds me of a relaxing beach cottage.


I painted this hutch with Iceberg by Benjamin Moore and then used a brown glaze over the top.  I very lightly sand the edges before glazing.  This hutch was green before, I didn't want to chance any of the green showing through.  
I then applied Poly Acrylic in Gloss for the top coat!  


I love the fun paneling of this hutch as it adds so much character!




Who needs a little extra Holiday cash??!!
Come enter the $50 Visa Gift card Giveaway going on NOW!!! (link here)
TTFN

Brooke

Linking Here:

Sunday: 

Monday:

Tuesday:
Coastal Charm

Wednesday:

Thursday:

Friday
Miss Mustard Seed

8 comments:

  1. I need this hutch in my house!!! Seriously!

    ReplyDelete
  2. just perfect, brooke.

    thanks for sharing, and hope you'll pop over when you have a second!

    smiles.

    michele

    http://hellolovelyinc.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your hutch redo! It looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's gorgeous! Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop! I hope you'll join us again this week!

    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick
    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is so beautiful!! I love that color! I've been obsessed with hutches lately too. I'm hoping we can find a wooden one to fix up soon. We have a composite one that we painted, but it probably won't last us more than a few years because it was old when we got it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...