Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Mirror...my first attempted with dark wax

I have always loved the look of furniture antiqued with dark wax.  However I have always been a little scared to experiment with it.  Mainly because there is NO going back once it is on.  Well you can repaint it....AHHHH

I when I got my hands on this mirror it was actually gold.  I painted it with chalk paint so I didn't have to sand or prime anything.  I figured if the dark wax went terribly bad it wasn't too bad to repaint!  So I gave it a go and I actually liked it!  

I was going to sell it but I like it a little too much...so it is going in my house, I just don't know where, as to why it is sitting on the floor!




If you are wanting to experiment with dark wax you SHOULD, it was a lot of fun!  Just start with a small piece!

TTFN

Brooke

3 comments:

  1. Love your blog and your style! I'm your newest follower-would love you to visit me and say hi!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...